Waleed  R.
“ I would like to know about the degree apprenticeships: what are the requirements? When do applications start? ”

Waleed R. asked a question
during the live chat Meet the Apprentices - National Apprenticeship Week Live Chat
to Lloyds Banking Group Recruitment Team

on 08/03/2018
27 Live chat
When does the application role start?
I am currently in the first year of studying Computer Science BTEC. And targeted to getting DDD. I would like to also know the entry requirements of the the various degree apprenticeships available. I am interested in Cyber Security
on 08/03/2018
Project Apprentice - Rectifications And Special Programmes, Lloyds Banking Group

Hi, if you follow this link it will give you lots of information about the apprenticeships www.lloydsbankinggrouptalent.com/ 

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

Thank you

on 08/03/2018
Cryptography Assurance And Codes, Lloyds Banking Group

Hiya Waleed R. I work in and around Cryptography, so if you have any cyber questions, fire away!

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

That's great. Is it possible to get an degree aprenticeship in Cryptography?

on 08/03/2018

Usually how it works is that its centred round the job you do, so if you work in crypto it will be focused on that. We do have a degree apprentice who works in crypto but her degree isn't just made up of crypto, it has other units to it, like writing algorithms and cyber security elements. I had crypto units in my Level 3, as a stand alone subject, but that didn't make up the whole qualification.

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

Thank you. I do have crypto in one of my units but not on its own. What requirements or grades do I need to be able to get in?

on 08/03/2018

Same as always, its 5 A*-C or equal at GCSE

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

As one my units covers IT Security and Encryption

on 08/03/2018

Think if you are looking at IT, its preferred that you have an IT qualification in that, but it's not the be all and end all.

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

Is that for the degree aprenticeship because I've got my GCSES?

on 08/03/2018

And you do have to finish your A-levels, as I know now its a full 2 years.

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

I'm now doing level 3 BTEC Computer science

on 08/03/2018

Yeah I think that will be okay, you've got to be able to pass that to get onto that level.

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

What grades are required of myself in BTEC in order to get degree apprenticeships?

on 08/03/2018

There is an IT apprenticeship as well as Cyber, so it's worth looking for both if I'm honest.

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

As I am targeted to get DDD, overall distinctions for the whole course over 2 years

on 08/03/2018
Project Apprentice - Rectifications And Special Programmes, Lloyds Banking Group

I believe there's a minimum UCAS points level, there was for mine (Level 4). Does anyone on here know what it is?

on 08/03/2018
Operations Manager (graduated Apprentice), Lloyds Banking Group

I believe it was 180...

on 08/03/2018

I've just double checked for highers. 'For Higher Level apprenticeships (i.e., Level 4 and above) we’ll expect you to be educated to A level standard and/or have successfully completed a Level 3 apprenticeship.' I think it was something like that for our degree apprentice, Su

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

Thank you so much for letting me know.

on 08/03/2018
Operations Manager (graduated Apprentice), Lloyds Banking Group

Thanks for your questions Waleed - good luck!

on 08/03/2018

That's cool,
I will send you the link to the FAQs because its really handy

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

Thank you so much

on 08/03/2018
Associate Project Manager, Lloyds Banking Group

I know for our Higher Level Apprenticeship you needed a minimum of 120 UCAS points or equivalent but it might be more for the degree level

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

As with 3 Distinctions I can only get 144 UCAS points. And with a DDM, it is 128 UCAS points

on 08/03/2018
Associate Project Manager, Lloyds Banking Group

That might be sufficient but the entry requirements are subject to change from year to year so it's difficult to say for sure one way or another. It seems like you're on track though, Waleed. Keep up the good work. :)

on 08/03/2018
Waleed R.

Thank you so much

Add to this thread

Lloyds Banking Group

We're looking for brilliant individuals with the potential to design and lead the Best Bank for Customers.

Visit website