“ Hi! Thanks for organizing this. I recently graduated with a Law Degree. What is the Risk Management Programme Like? ”

Adrian S. asked a question
during the live chat Meet the Graduates & Interns of Lloyds Banking Group
to Lloyds Banking Group Recruitment Team

08/11/2018
45 Live chat
08/11/2018
Associate Relationship Manager (Graduate), Lloyds Banking Group

Hi Adrian, hope you are well.

I am currently on the risk graduate scheme in my second year. We get to complete 4 placements (6 months each) in different areas in risk. We try to include two credit placements, one customer placement and one 'other' placement.

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

Hi Jasmine thanks for your response! From your experience do you think a Law Degree would be useful in the Risk Management Scheme?

08/11/2018

Yes I think it really would be useful. There are two grads in my cohort who completed law degrees - they have both had rotations in the Conduct, Compliance and Operational team which Law will really be handy for.

My placement at the moment is in the Global Corporates Business Solutions team, and as they are GC clients there is a lot of legal activity involved so it would be useful having background knowledge (this counts as my customer placement)

08/11/2018
Muna M.

I have a Law degree too. But I was thinking of Corporate and Commercial Banking instead.

08/11/2018

That would also be a good option. With the commercial banking / corporate scheme you could also join the team I am in at the moment as it takes both commercial and risk graduates

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

Nice that sounds interesting. Can you give me an example of a recent day at Lloyds under the Risk Management scheme?

08/11/2018
Muna M.

I wanted to ask how do I prepare for online assessment? I always fail at that stage despite doing practice assessments the day before?

08/11/2018
Emerging Talent Assistant Manager, Lloyds Banking Group

Hi Muna, Jasmine is currently experiencing issues with her Internet Explorer and should be back online soon to continue speaking with you :)

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

Nice that sounds interesting. Can you give me an example of a recent day (Types of Projects or Activities) at Lloyds under the Risk Management scheme?

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Hi Kyle

Thank you for your team in organising this event.

I thought it best join Adrian S. Chats since we both have similar background in law.

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Hello Adrian, my name is Muna

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

Hey Muna!

08/11/2018

Hi both, apologies my internet cut me off - shall I give you examples of what I've been involved with in the scheme?

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Yes please!

08/11/2018

My first rotation was more of a technical one which involved coding which was used to analyse/monitor data for the customers applying for current accounts, loans or cards.

My second rotation was an Executive Assistant role to the director of Conduct Compliance and Operational risk so it was very much making sure she was prepared for meetings and that the team had submitted papers and that they had been reviewed by all the right people before being seen by her - a lot of organising committees and agendas.

Currently the team I am in work with the distressed Global Corporate companies that have facilities out with LBG. They start off with a front line relationship but if they are having financial difficulties they come to our team, we send them back to front line when their financials look better.

This current rotation is very legal heavy as they are GC companies, we need to seek advise from lawyers as they do so I am involved in many calls with clients and law firms deciding on strategies for the companies.

08/11/2018
Muna M.

What is GC companies?

08/11/2018

Global Corporate

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

That's interesting. And so towards the end of the scheme can you decide which area interests you most and continue down that route?

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Okay, I worked in Dubai so I thought Gulf countries

08/11/2018

Yes Adrian, during your 4th rotation you go through a 'roll off' where you can apply to any role which interests you - it does not have to be somewhere you completed a rotation

08/11/2018

Sorry Muna - it was Global Corporates (turnover of £750m+)

08/11/2018
Muna M.

So, does your work involve the money laundering compliance?

08/11/2018

I have not had a rotation which involved work in that, but within the risk division there is a Fraud and Financial Crime team who will be involved with this

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Thanks, Jasmine.

08/11/2018

No problem!

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

Great, sounds really interesting. Any tips on assessment centers and interviews?

08/11/2018

I think would be good if you knew the groups values so you could link answers to them as that is important here

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

Great! have you spent most of your rotations in London?

08/11/2018

My first was in Cardiff actually! My other two have been in London.

The locations on the risk scheme are London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol, Halifax, Leeds and Birmingham

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Jasmine, how can we best prepare for online assessment?

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

Nice. Which location has stood out for you most?

08/11/2018
Adekolujo A.

Do the grads get a say in where they do their rotations?

08/11/2018

Muna, I would make sure you are comfortable with recording answers on the video - have good eye contact. With any of the tests I'd make sure you've kept pens and paper near you !

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Okay, so there is no practice online assessment we could do beforehand?

08/11/2018

Cardiff was nice to experience but their roles are mainly technical roles which I didn't want to go for (coding mainly). London has the majority of roles so I preferred being based in London.

For the first role you will not have a say, they will allocate you a role in any of the locations. After this you will fill out a preferencing form of your top 3 choices and they will place you somewhere based on this.

08/11/2018
Adrian S.

I see. Great, thanks so much for all the information Jasmine. All the best to everyone!

08/11/2018

Yes if you go onto the website "www.lloydsbankinggrouptalent.com"  and go to "how to apply..." process for applying is on there, as well as a link to practice online via jobmi.com 

08/11/2018
Muna M.

So, there are three rotations but can you do it in Birmingham or do I need to relocate in each rotation?

08/11/2018
Adekolujo A.

Thank you, Jasmine

08/11/2018

No problem Adekolujo and Adrian

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Thank you, Jasmine

08/11/2018

Muna, there are 4 rotations overall and you can do them where there are roles - I have done one in Cardiff and plan to do 3 in London. I think the most common is having one outside of London with 3 in London

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Okay, thank you for your clarification.

My last question is how you can best stand out from the crowd?

What did you do in your application that made you different from crowd?

08/11/2018

I just showed I was very open to learning the different aspects of the scheme I was joining - I didn't pretend like I knew what was involved in all of risk (don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't know). Show you can be willing to learn and adapt as all of your rotations will be different

08/11/2018
Muna M.

Great, Jasmine.

Thank you for your help.

Add to this thread

Lloyds Banking Group

We're looking for brilliant individuals with the potential to design and lead the Best Bank for Customers.

Visit website