“ How can I prepare for Video Interviews? ”

Adekolujo A. asked a question
during the live chat Meet the Graduates & Interns of Lloyds Banking Group
to Lloyds Banking Group Recruitment Team

08/11/2018
6 Live chat
Hello, thank you for taking the time to speak with us. Is there any additional advice that you can provide on how to best prepare for a Lloyds Video Interview? What distinguishes successful candidates from the rest?
08/11/2018
Assistant Incident Manager, Lloyds Banking Group

Hi Adekulojo, thank you for question. Personally, I would treat a video interview as if it was a normal face to face interview. As well as thinking of good examples for the questions and doing your research into the company - I think those who stand out are those who's personality shine through the camera.

I would try to make eye contact as much as you can to the camera, ensure you smile and be yourself. Ensure your personality shines through your answers.

I would also recommend practising by either recording yourself or speaking to another person through video chat - this will allow you to practice your posture and eye contact.

08/11/2018
Adekolujo A.

Hi Danielle, okay great! Thank you for the advice.

08/11/2018

No problem at all, any other questions please let me know. We are online until 12:45.

08/11/2018
Adekolujo A.

What advice would you give regarding assessment centres please? How are they run at Lloyds?

08/11/2018

Assessment centres differ depending on the scheme you are applying for. However, expect to be involved in interactive activities via virtual reality. You will also most likely experience a 1-1 interview and a group based activity.

In terms of advice, we are looking for people who are really passionate about LBG and it's values - so ensure you incorporate those into your behaviours throughout the day.

08/11/2018
Adekolujo A.

Thank you for all the help Danielle!

Add to this thread

Lloyds Banking Group

We're looking for brilliant individuals with the potential to design and lead the Best Bank for Customers.

Visit website