What is the difference between the Grad Scheme and Apprenticeship?
Picture of Sushmita
Picture of Nick
11 responses
Additional information
Is it simply a matter of entry channels, or is the work different too?
Nick T. asked during the live chat In the spotlight - our Software Engineering scheme to Lloyds Banking Group
Category: Role Comparison
Date asked: Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Picture of Sushmita K.
Sushmita K.
Software Engineering Graduate
Hi Nick, I am myself a SE grad. I believe for the Apprenticeship you can apply to join without any previous degree qualification which is a requirement for the grad scheme. In Apprenticeship you will gain a professional qualification based on the level you apply for at the end of the scheme if completed successfully as you study while working. In terms of work, It can depend on which team you are in and what skills you have. If you would like to work on certain project within your team, you can speak with the team members and it should not make much of a difference.
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Picture of Nick T.
Nick T.
Thanks
Picture of Orestis P.
Orestis P.
Graduate Software Engineer
Hey Nick, as Sushmita explained, apprenticeships are more focused to individuals who are looking for a complete shift in their career path, possibly to one they have no qualifications or prior experience in.
Picture of Maher H.
Maher H.
When does Apprenticeship vacations become available?
Picture of Sarah E.
Sarah E.
Emerging Talent Programme Manager
Hi Maher, apprenticeship vacancies can go live at various points in the year, so I'd suggest keeping an eye on the website for these: https://www.lloydsbankinggrouptalent.com/apprentices/ You can also register your interest, to receive an email when the vacancies come up: https://www.lloydsbankinggrouptalent.com/apprentices/how-to-apply/register-your-interest/
Picture of Maher H.
Maher H.
Thank you Sarah.
Picture of Sarah E.
Sarah E.
Emerging Talent Programme Manager
You're welcome :)
Picture of Nick T.
Nick T.
Thanks Orestis Is there any way to know when/if I might hear about the next stage of the process? I applied a couple of weeks ago, then completed the online tests. It was only a couple of weeks ago, however. I see Rebecca has answered my question in another thread, thanks
Picture of Lauren H.
Lauren H.
Recruitment Branding, Attraction and Assessment Consultant
Thanks Nick
Picture of Sushmita K.
Sushmita K.
Software Engineering Graduate
Hi Nick, for me the results for the tests and next stage were after a couple of weeks for each stage. No worries!
Picture of Nick T.
Nick T.
Thanks Sushmita
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.
Did you find this discussion helpful?